The students did a super job on the Science NECAP tests last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I saw many students putting forth their best effort. Parents should be very proud of their children!
We will resume normal homework this week.
On June 5th we will make our final visit to Bonnyvale Environmental Education Center. We will need 2-3 drivers/chaperones for this trek. We will leave school at 12:15 and return around 2:15. Look for the permission slip coming home. Please let me know if you are interested in going on this trip. This week on Friday, Joan will come to school and do one more program on bird adaptations and habitats.
· In the past two weeks, students have published a response to text based upon the book “Finding One’s Way” and a research report on bird adaptations.
· We are finishing up our last math unit on multiplication and division and will begin our last unit of the year that explores algebraic thinking.
· In spelling, students are learning about the i before e rule. The activities they complete and their performance on the test help them earn points in a game called “Wizards”.
· Look for worksheets coming home about our health unit “Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs.”
· Students are beginning to review science and social studies topics in order to prepare for an end of the year test.